Muddymoles mountain biking in the Surrey Hills and Mole Valley

The Muddymoles flapjack

Posted by DaveC | September 12, 2006 | 1 comment so far

Originally published by Dave in August 2003, here’s a recipe for the ultimate in trail food.

Acknowledgements

The recipe used here is the same as found on www.chocolatefoot.co.uk so please visit Warren’s site and check out his MTB exploits!

I have used 150% of the quantities as it fits my cake tray better!

Basic Ingredients

• 150g butter
  • 6 tablespoons of golden syrup
  • 1 ½ tablespoons of brown sugar
  • 450g oats

Options

• Handful of chocolate chips
  • Handful of raisons

Method

1. Zero the scale with saucepan on top!
    Zero the scale with the saucepan on top!
  2. Measure the butter then the syrup then the sugar into the saucepan.
    Measure the butter then the syrup then the sugar into the saucepan.Remember to zero the scale after adding each one if you want an easy life!
  3. Put the saucepan on a low heat
    Put the saucepan on a low heat (probably as low as it will go) and melt into an even paste.DO NOT OVERHEAT!
  4. Add the oats gradually
    Add the oats gradually stirring and folding until you have a consistant mix.
  5. put the flapjack into a greased cake tin
    At this point you can either put it the mix into a greased cake tin or if you wish to add chocolate chips then you need to let it cool for about 5 minutes. Add raisons straight away.Nothing to stop you putting half the mix in the cake tin and then trying some “additions” to the other half.
  6. Place the cake tray in the middle of the oven at a heat of Gas Mk2, 150C, for 45 minutes.
  7. Allow to cool and cut into suitable chunks.
  8. Eat, preferably during or after a ride!

DaveC

About the author

Dave's been riding seriously since about 1997 and is one of the founding Molefathers — along with Matt and Mark — that came up with the idea of a MTB website for Mole Valley riders.

He's had several different bikes but it's now mainly 29ers in Dave's stable, apart from an Orange 5.

Current Bikes: Orange 5, Salsa Spearfish and Kona Big Unit

There is 1 comment on ‘The Muddymoles flapjack’

We love to get comments from our readers - if you've spent a few moments to comment, thank-you.

1. StevenD says:

Yummy ! My daughter wanted a recipe for flapjacks and I gave her this (with the raisin option), they lasted 5 minutes as the family stuffed then down. Now she willhave to make some for just for Dad. No wonder I cannot lose weight, LOL. Recommended.

Leave a comment…

Have your say – we'd love to hear what you think.

If you have something to add, just complete this comment form (we will not publish your email address).

*Required information.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.