Muddymoles mountain biking in the Surrey Hills and Mole Valley

Spot Brand Rocker 27.5+ bike looks great

Posted by Matt | December 16, 2015 | 11 comments so far

Spot Brand Rocker 27.5+ hardtail

Spot Brand Rocker 27.5+ hardtail

I’ve always had a soft spot for, er, Spot Brand. They always seem to have produced interesting machines and their latest offering is no exception.

Just weeks after uncovering the Marin Pine Mountain 1, my tip for next seasons sleeper hit, the Rocker 27.5+ bike is similarly a 650b + with 3.0 tyres on 45mm WTB Scraper rims. Sounds great. I reckon semi-fat is the perfect best-of-both-worlds option for fun hardtails at the moment.

The hub spacing is the latest Boost spec, which isย 110 x 15mm at the front and 148 x 12mm at the rear, meaning it benefits from aย stiffer wheel build. The best part though is that the frame is Reynolds 853 steel and in that blue colour, I really would like one!

The Rocker frame can be built in a geared 1x configuration, or singlespeed (it even accepts a belt), or can run 29er wheels and regular tyres if you fancy. With a 67.7ยฐ head angle and long top tube this is a very tempting proposition.

It’s a shame I can’t afford it, although my US importer might need to check his luggage allowance! If you want to avoid the hassle, Sideways Cycles is the UK importer.

Filed under Mutterings, Trends in December 2015

Matt

About the author

Matt is one of the founding Molefathers of the Muddymoles, and is the designer and main administrator of the website.

Having ridden a 2007 Orange Five for many years then a 2016 YT Industries Jeffsy 29er, he now rocks a Bird Aether 9 and a Pace RC-627.

An early On-One Inbred still lurks in the back of the stable as a reminder of how things have moved on. You can even find him on road bikes - currently a 2019 Cannondale Topstone 105 SE, a much-used 2011 Specialized Secteur and very niche belt drive Trek District 1.

If you've ever wondered how we got into mountain biking and how the MuddyMoles started, well wonder no more.

There are 11 comments on ‘Spot Brand Rocker 27.5+ bike looks great’

We love to get comments from our readers - if you've spent a few moments to comment, thank-you.

If you haven't had a chance yet, jump to our comments form if you have something to say.

1. Elliot says:

Ha, I’ve been looking at this bike. Even going as far as finding a US retailer with the frames in stock. The exchange rate was less unsavoury when I last looked.

Laguna Seca Blue…got to be one of my favourites! Googling revealed it’s a BMW colour.

2. Tony says:

The simplicity of single speeding Matt? I mean nothing ever goes wrong with them does it ๐Ÿ™‚

Nice looking bike but not sure I’d get it back in my hand luggage for you!

3. Kev says:

Me likes, me wants, but, the Solaris would have to go and that would just be wrong!

Just priced one up on Jenson USA web site and added delivery to the UK, thats without tax and import duty to pay on top!
    Bugga … Tony. member that Johnny Cash song One Piece at a time? ๐Ÿ™‚

4. DaveW says:

Just googled this and got “Femme G-Spot Rocker”. Is it the same thing?

Leave a comment…

Have your say – we'd love to hear what you think.

If you have something to add, just complete this comment form (we will not publish your email address).

*Required information.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.