Change font size
It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:12 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: CX/Road bits- Di2, Kinesis
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:19 pm 
Floater over roots

Having yielded to the power of a second hand cross bike on STW, I have now rearranged two bikes into one and a pile of bits, so I have some to sell on! If you fancy it there's nearly a complete cross/tough road bike here- would only need wheels, rotors, grips and saddles I think.

I'll sort some pics out once I've got things cleaned up but I thought I I'd do this while I was sat on the sofa!

First, a Kinesis Crosslight Pro 6 frame and fork in green like the one below. I think it's rather fetching. This has been my road bike as well as cross bike for the last few years. I did race it a couple of times but it's far more fun for just exploring around, mixing up road, path, bridleway etc. Different tyres and it'll do most things. Rack and mudguard mounts so could happily double as a commuter or light tourer too- I've not done this but a friend with the same bike has.

Size- 54cm, so suit someone up to about my height, probably not any higher. Used but not abused i.e. generally heli taped on wear areas, but a little bit scuffed between the chainstays and in the odd area I missed. No major scratches or anything that I'm aware of. Included- spare mech hanger, seat clamp, headset (getting on a bit but still fine when last used on New Years Eve).

Next, groupset. Ultegra di2 disc, basically the one linked below, except:
- post mount calipers.
- rear caliper is a deore as I had problems with the previous. As far as I can tell they are pretty much the same, you wouldn't know unless you looked closely. The calipers are from the old cross bike as the new one came with flat mount front, post rear, so I've kept the odd couple and put mine on this.
- includes climbing shifter
- no BB

Details
- Cassette is 11-32
- Rings are 50-34
- Seat tube battery
- Seems in extremely good condition. The guy I bought it from apparently didn't get a lot of miles on it and I can believe it- aside from some scuffs on the cranks it looks pretty new. It's very cool and the sound it makes is pretty much the sound of the future, but I think a fair bit of the benefits of di2 come from running a double and I prefer a single, so I am disappointing the parts snob in me and staying mechanical.

https://www.merlincycles.com/shimano-ultegra-6870-di2-disc-brake-groupset-91376.html

Other bits:
- Bontrager race 42cm drop bar
- Pro PLT 100mm stem
- Ritchey comp post, looks like a small layback.

Post subject: Re: CX/Road bits- Di2, Kinesis
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:25 pm 
Nails it without the need for a hammer

Suspect I can't afford it but how much is the group set?

Andrew

Post subject: Re: CX/Road bits- Di2, Kinesis
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:20 pm 
Floater over roots

Hmmm, I did forget to put prices in, didn't I. Google suggests about £1400 new once you add a climbing switch but lose a bb so I guess £700. Levers alone go for 400+ new which pretty much gobsmacked me!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]