Change font size
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:02 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 14 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Sunday 3rd February
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:25 pm 
Nails it without the need for a hammer

Went out late morning on a run to Newlands. The fatbike was brilliant although it was quite tricky in places, mush then rock hard icy ruts, then ice in the shady bits.

Had 2 motorbikes on collarbone :x - came absolutely pegging it along there which was outrageous as there were walkers and it is not very wide. Then another 2 on way back on NDW that came flying past and came really close by, its a wide track so it must have been on purpose. Living down to my (exceptionally) low opinion of the scrambler brigade.

PS they seem to have finally woken up at the cafe across the road from the main newlands car park. They were friendly and welcomed my very muddy self in. They also had a great selection of cakes and service was very fast. I sat down in a nice warm room had a lovely cake and tea and was out in the time it would have taken me to get to the front of the queue across the road.

PPS - I bought some foot and hand warmers that we used for skiing. They were brilliant. My fingers and toes did not get cold at any point in the ride. Why did I not think of this before :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:21 pm 

LDB wrote:
PPS - I bought some foot and hand warmers that we used for skiing. They were brilliant. My fingers and toes did not get cold at any point in the ride. Why did I not think of this before :roll:

The teabag ones?

I just got a set of electric gloves but not sure they’re much cop.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:30 am 

Yes teabag ones. Ebay!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:14 am 

LDB wrote:

Had 2 motorbikes on collarbone :x - came absolutely pegging it along there which was outrageous as there were walkers and it is not very wide. Then another 2 on way back on NDW that came flying past and came really close by, its a wide track so it must have been on purpose. Living down to my (exceptionally) low opinion of the scrambler brigade.

:roll:

Very annoying as neither are Byways open to all traffic.
Unfortunately as in any walk of life, there are always the few idiot's that spoil it for the many and disobey the rules.

Please don't tar all off road motorcyclists with the same Brush Lloyd. I would be angered by the two idiots you encountered. I know many trials motorcyclists ( of which I am one) who abide by the strict country code of the TRF (Trials Rider Fellowship) and they hate those idiots too.

The TRF actually do a lot for the countryside, not just ride on the Byways. Unfortunately you don't have to be a member to ride the byways and the type you are talking of would not commit to being members.

https://www.trf.org.uk worth a look as it explains their ethics and commitment to keeping the byways open for all.
They are the same as us, just wanting to ride their motorbikes off road rather than on road and experience the countryside.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 14 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2