Matt’s not the only one failing to shift smoothly this year.
This weekend’s ride was a fairly standard affair over to Langley Vale and back in a rough figure of eight, taking in supplies atop Box Hill. The riders consisted of myself, JohnR, Kevin, Biketech Mark, Gary, Tony and Lee.
Anyway, I won’t bore you with a blow by blow account of the route but some of the highlights include;
- Shimano in Dynasys 10 speed shifter failure! Yes, JohnR was forced to emulate Matt by going 3 speed for most of his ride, actually from the foot fo Alsation! So, it’s not just SRAM that are failing now.
- Traction through Life on Mars was “limited”
- Mark and Gary both liked HP Ally down into Langley Vale
- JohnR took advantage of the sun when we got to Langley Vale to take some shots he later turned a bit “arty”
- On the return run we found Chainbreaker to be grip “limited”
- No one was having any success up High Ashurst climb
- During refreshemenst Lee confided in me that he felt his bike needed some Spank additions
- Infestation wasn’t much better in terms of grip!
So a grip limited and gear limited sort of ride! Spanking.