Reading Trent’s ‘The Simple Dollar’ blog, I’ve stumbled across this article about how to find out what you are passionate about in seven steps.
Now, of course we start from the opposite end of the spectrum – I’m guessing we already know what we’re passionate about. But it was quite a surprise to find that each step Trent suggests ties in very nicely with our mutual MTB vice.
- Maximise your health – yup, the fitter you are the more you enjoy mountain biking that’s for sure
- Ask questions – and of course in this game there’s no shortage of answers for the curious
- Ignore what’s cool – a variation of plough your own furrow. Or for some of us, dig a dirty great trench and get in that, even if people think you’re weird
- Dabble in everything, or another way of looking at the Second Law of Mountain Biking
- If you like something, try it again and again. I think our life partners can attest to how fully we’ve embraced this
- Hang out with like minded people. Yes, I think we’ve got that down too, generally I’ve found MTB’ers to be some of the nicest people I know
- If you lose interest, don’t do it. There’s always road riding for when you’ve lost your the MTB sizzle!