We’ve talked about it for ages. And ages. But improbably (thanks to Colin’s organisational efforts) we’ve co-ordinated ourselves sufficiently that we’re definitely off to Afan over the weekend of 16-18 May with as close to a blessing from our life partners as we’re ever likely to get.
Gulp. That’s only four weeks away and a good number of us have been struggling with fitness for most of this year. There’s:
- Me, owner of a mono-lung that has only just allowed me to start riding again after only two rides throughout March;
- Jem, who has been hamstrung by a repetitive knee injury since Christmas;
- Mark who simply hasn’t had the chance to ride much;
- Simon, our South Western correspondent who hasn’t really ridden much for a couple of years (but is a damn fine rider);
- And then there’s Dave, missing a toenail and up to his ears in psychology, philosophical constructs and ladies bike geometry.
Rob just sent me the YouTube video I’ve embedded here to get us in the mood. It all looks very tasty and hopefully our madcap hilarity will be suitably recorded for a follow up posting in early June.
Anyone with any tips for Welsh virgins (haha!), please let us know in the comments.