Originally published by Dave in August 2003, here’s a recipe for the ultimate in trail food.
The recipe used here is the same as found on www.chocolatefoot.co.uk so please visit Warren’s site and check out his MTB exploits!
I have used 150% of the quantities as it fits my cake tray better!
- 150g butter
- 6 tablespoons of golden syrup
- 1 ½ tablespoons of brown sugar
- 450g oats
- Handful of chocolate chips
- Handful of raisons
Zero the scale with the saucepan on top!
Measure the butter then the syrup then the sugar into the saucepan.Remember to zero the scale after adding each one if you want an easy life!
Put the saucepan on a low heat (probably as low as it will go) and melt into an even paste.DO NOT OVERHEAT!
Add the oats gradually stirring and folding until you have a consistant mix.
At this point you can either put it the mix into a greased cake tin or if you wish to add chocolate chips then you need to let it cool for about 5 minutes. Add raisons straight away.Nothing to stop you putting half the mix in the cake tin and then trying some “additions” to the other half.
- Place the cake tray in the middle of the oven at a heat of Gas Mk2, 150C, for 45 minutes.
- Allow to cool and cut into suitable chunks.
- Eat, preferably during or after a ride!